MEET SHERIFF JOE LOMBARDO
Sheriff Joe Lombardo has dedicated his entire adult life to law enforcement and public service, rising through the entire ranks from Patrol Officer to Sheriff. A 1980 graduate of Rancho High School, his deep roots in the community fuel Joe’s sole mission – keeping our streets safe.
Lombardo began his career at Metro as a patrolman in 1989. After working his way through the ranks at Metro, and having overseen every Division during his decorated career, Joe was elected Sheriff of Clark County in 2014.
With a hard-earned reputation as a no-nonsense problem solver and Metro’s foremost expert on counter-terrorism, Lombardo has revamped the department’s use-of-force policy and beefed-up efforts to protect the Strip and our economy’s lifeblood.
“Even before I was elected Sheriff, I worked closely with the Justice Department to revamp our use-of-force policy and beef up our counter-terrorism infrastructure,” said Lombardo. “Now, there’s a culture of accountability that has saved lives while enhancing public trust.”
A 40-year resident of Clark County, Lombardo is a graduate of the FBI National Academy, earned a Bachelor of Science at UNLV and a Master’s in Crisis and Emergency Management from UNLV while working full-time at Metro.
Lombardo honed his leadership skills in the U.S. Military, serving in the U.S. Army, as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Nevada National Guard, and as a 1st Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve.
TOTAL DEVOTION TO PUBLIC SAFETY
- 29 years with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
- Rising through the ranks at Metro and elected Sheriff in 2014
- Served the Community over three decades as:
- Patrol Officer
- Search-and-Rescue Commander, Lieutenant
- Bureau Commander, Captain
- Homeland Security Commander
- Deputy Chief, Patrol Division
- Deputy Chief, Support Operations
- Assistant Sheriff
- Clark County Sheriff
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- FBI National Academy Alumnus – 227th Session
- Masters of Science, Crisis and Emergency Management, UNLV – 2006
- Bachelor of Science, UNLV – 1986
- 1st Lieutenant, U.S. Army (Ret.)
- 2nd Lieutenant, U.S. Army National Guard (Ret.)